- Pre-Conception Health Screening*
- Antenatal care
- Management of medical disorders in pregnancy
- Deliveries are performed at Thomson Medical Center or Mt Alvernia Hospital
* Conducted by Dr. Penny Tan and Dr. Minshan Chia. Extra consultation fee of $120 (before GST) applies if conducted by Dr. Pamela Tan. Click here for details about Pre-Conception Health Screening.
- General gynaecological conditions (e.g. fibroids, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, menstrual disorders)
- Well women and gynaecological cancer health screening- PAP smear, HPV testing, ultrasound pelvis
- Colposcopy and treatment of pre-cancer (CIN) of the cervix
- Advanced minimally invasive surgery (key-hole) including removal of the womb, fibroids, ovarian cysts and for subfertility
- Infertility investigation and management
- Family Planning and Birth Control
- Menopause Care
- Termination of pregnancy
ABOUT DR. PAMELA TAN
Dr. Pamela Tan is an obstretrics and gynaecology visiting specialist at Crawfurd Medical Centre. In the past, she was a Consultant in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at KK Women’s & Children’s Hospital. She obtained her undergraduate medical degree at the National University of Singapore, her post-graduate MRCOG in London at the Royal College of O&G. She is specialist accredited with the Specialist Accreditation Board (Ministry of Health) and is a fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore.
She is an accredited member of the Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology of Singapore (SCCPS) with a subspecialty interest in colposcopy and vulval disease. In further pursuing this interest, she was a fellow for pre-invasive disease at the colposcopy and vulval unit at the Whittington Hospital in the United Kingdom. She is a visiting consultant at KKH for colposcopy and is still involved in research on computer imaging analytics for screening cervical cancer in low resource settings in a joint collaboration with the National University of Singapore. While in the United Kingdom, she was also a fellow at the Assisted Conception Unit in Guys Hospital to learn the latest in reproductive techniques and approaches to infertility. She is accredited to perform advanced Level 3 minimally invasive surgery such as laparoscopic hysterectomy, myomectomy, and cystectomy (womb, fibroids and cysts removal).
In KKH, Dr. Pamela Tan was actively involved in teaching and was the supervisor to the OBGYN specialist trainees involved in roster planning and academic teaching, as well as acted as programme coordinator for Family Medicine and Emergency Medicine residents. She was a clinical tutor for the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Duke-NUS Medical School and Singhealth Residency Programme Core Faculty with an aim to nurture medical students and residents in developing a lifelong passion and dedication to continued learning. She was also involved in the organizing committees for local conferences as well as colposcopy workshops in KKH and overseas.
As a clinical researcher, she has been involved in grant funded studies and has authored peer reviewed papers published in journals and presented abstracts of study findings in international conferences. She has also won awards for professional work including best houseman and best medical officer as well as Service with a Heart awards.
She has been involved in humanitarian work in Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Indonesia, India, Bolivia and Ecuador where she provided training to local healthcare workers in obstetric emergency courses, ultrasound and CTG training, colposcopy training as well as servicing the needs of the local female population.
Her philosophy to doctoring is one that is focused on building relationships with her patients. She strives to deliver patient care that is warm, gentle, caring, professional and well advised. She is a believer of pro-natural birthing and providing an optimal birthing experience as desired by her patients.